Southern Sun Hotel Maputo Environmental Impact – Expansion Project
Client – Southern Sun Mozambique
Location – Maputo City
Year – 2014
Time – 3 months
Environmental Assessment and Management Plan with a view to revalidating the Environmental License of the Hotel Southern Sun Maputo, Mozambique, for the expansion of the hotel within a construction area of approximately 7,500 m2 in a coastal area of 1.44 hectares. This expansion was designed for commercial and residential installations.
Verde Azul was responsible for the following:
- Report to the Ministry of the Environment that defined the level of impact in category B (requires a simplified study);
- Presentation of Terms of Reference for the Evaluation of the Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) and collection of socio-economic data;
- Simplified Environmental Study (EAS) and an Environmental Management Plan, which was approved by the Ministry of the Environment;
- Design and implementation of the Environment and Educational Program for hygiene and HIV and implementation of Gender;
- Monitoring the application and liaising with the Ministry of the Environment to acquire an environmental license.